If you are new to hellomelissa.net, this page will lead you to some of my favourite posts on the site. There’s over fifteen years of writing here, and this page will save you from digging through the archives. Although if you really want to dig through the archives, go nuts.
Adventures and Misadventures
Adventures and misadventures make for the best stories.
- I’ve never even seen this movie! and it’s followup: On the way to work this morning – where I learn that cute boys I don’t know make me uncomfortable.
- Vox Hunt: Songs in the Key of Life – where I talk about my issues with anxiety during late 2004/early 2005.
- Red lipstick brings me good luck – Sean and I went to a concert and had a bigger adventure than expected.
Stories from a marriage.
- Modern Communication between a husband and wife – how I found out about Sean’s latest tattoo.
- Date Day with Sean – Sean and I get some desperately needed kid-free time, and I learn how to shoot a gun.
Motherhood, Parenting and Family Life
My take on modern motherhood.
- Introducing Flora Faye Mitchell and its followup: Birth Announcement – where I introduce the world to the baby previously known as Skeletor.
- Motherhood, so far – random musings on my life as a new mum around the time of my first Mother’s Day
- Big Questions, Big Changes Big Feelings – where I ponder things as I prepare to go back to work post mat-leave.
- Some sorely-needed perspective – thinking out loud while I struggle with choices we’ve made as a family. (It all ends well, so don’t worry.)
- She Wins – a story of parental guilt and work-life balance.
- Bunny – where I talk about the fourth member of our family and how I hope she stays with us forever.
Meta: Life Online
IRL is for sissies.
- Untitled (proof that I was blogging before every post had to be titled), and its followup: Anonymity, Authenticity and Being Brave (Okay, given that there is nearly five years between these posts, it’s not really a followup, but it’s interesting that I’ve struggled with this issue for so long.) – thoughts about how “out there” I should get.
- Picking the *right* profile photo is agonizing enough, thanks – Response to the article “Get your kid off your Facebook page” by Katie Roiphe.
- Reaching out – where I admit to my struggles with joining the blogosphere/mamasphere at large and how I’m trying to change that.
I don’t know where to file these ones.
- Dimes – where I get thinking about a superstition my mother told me about a few years ago.
Because we all can use a new recipe once in a while.
- Slacker recipe: Spinach soup – a super-easy soup (hence the term “Slacker”).
- Recipe: Feta and Garlic Paté – take this to a party where you won’t be playing Spin the Bottle.