happy new year!
It’s not that nothing has been happening, it’s more like I’ve been too busy to talk about any of it.
Lots of things have happened!
- I learned to knit, and after showing my first project to both Sean’s and my mothers, they were quite impressed. It was supposed to be a dishcloth (since it is basically a square of straight knitting), but I decided I should keep my first project nice so I don’t know what to do with it yet. Ideas are welcome. My next two projects are already planned – another square (but this one will sit on my aromatherapy cabinet), and a scarf that probably won’t be finished until spring time.
- I got a new tooth! No, I’m not still teething, but I have a crown where one of my front teeth used to be. Actually the front tooth is still there, just underneath the crown, and filed down to fang-width. This was done because old Chomper was hit with a baseball when I was 11 and the resulting root canal and bleaching resulted in a gray tooth years after the bleaching wore off. The new tooth looks very real, and I’m very happy with both my dentist and the dental lab that made the crown for me. Hooray for them!
- My sister and her sweetie moved into their new house at the end of November. I helped move them and bought them a duvet for their housewarming gift. They are still pleased with both house and gift nearly 6 weeks later, so I assume all is well. She hosted some of the family Christmas festivities, which were very nice, but that will take some getting used too. Fortunately, I’ve turned my house-envy into constructive work in my apartment. I’ve been organizing, cleaning and tossing things out like crazy. I also stencilled my bathroom cupboards and bought some new bathroom accessories to make my teeny-tiny bathroom more appealing. It worked cuz I like being in there more, so yay for that too.
- My next course (in Adobe Illustrator) starts early next week. I love working in Illustrator, so I’m really looking forward to improving my skills in it. Writing this has reminded me to check my grades for my other two courses, so hold on a sec…never mind, they aren’t posted yet, even though I finished both courses by the end of November. Bummer
- Christmas went well. Everyone was happy with what they gave and received, and that says something.
I don’t have any concrete resolutions, but lots of ideas on how to be better. So I guess just “be a better all-round person” is my resolution. Oh, and to post to this site more. Maybe a redesign will help. Hmm… ideas, ideas.